SimCraft for Minecraft

!!

Welcome Guest

Dear visitor, welcome to MC Port Central. If this is your first visit here,  you should consider registering to show your support.   By registering you will give us an idea and clear indication of how in demand our work really are and will motivate our porting team to continue there work. We port vanilla mods to Bukkit and you will also find a lot of other related Minecraft material on our Forum.

Author Topic: Tekkit and Flan's plane mod  (Read 5986 times)

TheOmegaPixel

Tekkit and Flan's plane mod
« on: January 28, 2012, 12:44:01 PM »
Hey guys,
I am new to this community but I have seen some great potential here already.
I just wanted to ask if anyone was working on porting mods to the tekkit server.
I really want to run my tekkit server with Flan’s Plane mod, I am using both the plane mod and the technic pack on my client and I was wondering if I could use it on a server as well.
I really want to shoot some videos with my friends on my private server with both the planes and technic pack.
I personally cannot code anything, so if anyone out there is willing to spare some precious time that would be greatly appreciated.
Also if anyone knows a good place to start learning java DIY style let me know because I would like to learn.
thanks

GadgetTvMan

Re: Tekkit and Flan's plane mod
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2012, 10:06:39 PM »
First, Tekkit is a project name, it takes the mods ported from _This_ website and bundles them up, with a RB bukkit build. So, it should just work.

2nd, And you dont have to read this, It is more like a FYI.
Tekkit is programmed in a way so you cannot connect to a tekkit server if you dont have the tekkit client. And to get mods working with the tekkit client, That are not in the package, seems like a weird process. And thus, i do not recommend tekkit.

TheOmegaPixel

« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2012, 02:56:03 AM »
thanks for that.
but just to make sure i understand what you're saying, i can "build" my own technic pack server with other mods from this site?

GadgetTvMan

« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2012, 03:35:07 AM »
As far as i know. Yes.