SimCraft for Minecraft

!!

Welcome Guest

Dear visitor, welcome to MC Port Central. If this is your first visit here,  you should consider registering to show your support.   By registering you will give us an idea and clear indication of how in demand our work really are and will motivate our porting team to continue there work. We port vanilla mods to Bukkit and you will also find a lot of other related Minecraft material on our Forum.

Author Topic: [1.4.6] Mo' Creatures - not spawning creatures.  (Read 5061 times)

ejmcelfresh

[1.4.6] Mo' Creatures - not spawning creatures.
« on: January 17, 2013, 09:43:21 PM »
I've gotten my server to load all the mods succesfully, but the Mo' Creatures mod isn't passively spawning in mobs, everything is up to date and I can even use spawn eggs to get the mobs. I need it to passively spawn mobs though around the world and it's not doing that. :'(

Cat121

• HCF server
Re: [1.4.6] Mo' Creatures - not spawning creatures.
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2013, 09:48:16 PM »
Do you have customMobspawner installed ?

ejmcelfresh

« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2013, 10:03:00 PM »
Yes, I have custommob spawners 1.10 MCPC port and Mo' Creatuers 4.4.0 MCPC port

*edit*

A full list of forge mods that I have installed and running (no errors other than signature data errors)
These are all MCPC Ports

Rope+ 1.4.6
Extra Biomes XL 3.7.0a
Mo' Creatures 4.4.0 + CustomMobSpawner 1.1.0
BattleTowers 1.4.6
Backpack 1.5.7
Buildcraft 3.3.0
MultiMine 1.4.6
« Last Edit: January 17, 2013, 10:06:14 PM by ejmcelfresh »

ejmcelfresh

« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2013, 11:11:18 PM »
I've tried running the server with just Mo' Creatures and CustomMobSpawner and it still doesn't spawn a single mob, not even Vanilla mobs. I've even rebuilt the server from scratch to no success, this is quite frustrating :(

bloodshot

• MCPC Dev
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2013, 11:36:58 PM »
I've tried running the server with just Mo' Creatures and CustomMobSpawner and it still doesn't spawn a single mob, not even Vanilla mobs. I've even rebuilt the server from scratch to no success, this is quite frustrating :(

Disable customspawner in config, raise the animal limit in Bukkit.yml to something really high then test.

Help me support MCPC by donating for my time and effort=)

ejmcelfresh

« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2013, 12:01:29 AM »
I did that and made a whole new map, it only seems to spawn pigs now >_>

*edit*

after some time and a night cycle, hostile mobs and some sheep spawned, so vanilla mobs spawned but nothing from MoC

I have difficulty on hard for the server.

ejmcelfresh

« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2013, 12:26:55 AM »
I re-enabled custom spawner for my server, vanilla mobs still spawn but still no sign of MoC mobs

Cat121

• HCF server
« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2013, 12:31:07 AM »
Can you paste a clean server.log ?

ejmcelfresh

« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2013, 12:37:02 AM »
Not sure exactly how to make it "clean", manually sorting out that mess would take like an hour to do  :-\

I've attached my server.log

Cat121

• HCF server
« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2013, 12:41:44 AM »
Oh, sorry, "clean" means deleting the old server.log and start/stop the server. Exactly what you put in your file ;)

This is really weird, did you try with only[/b] mcpc, mo creatures and customspawner ?

ejmcelfresh

« Reply #10 on: January 18, 2013, 12:45:49 AM »
Yes, I've done that and no difference, like I said with bloods suggestion I got it to spawn vanilla mobs, even with custom spawner enabled but it still doesn't spawn MoC mobs. The mod is working, I can access the global mod options and get spawn eggs and use them to spawn MoC Mobs but they just don't passively spawn.

bhi

« Reply #11 on: January 18, 2013, 01:27:12 AM »
Did you check the parameters in MoCreatures.cfg and make sure the numbers are high enough?
It must be something that is interfering, I've been running Mo Creatures for a while now and have a good spawn rate for my server [ie. no ogres, not too many scorpions, etc.].

Here's my MoCreatures 4.4.0 config

in bukkit.yml my spawn parameters are:
Spoiler
spawn-limits:
  monsters: 70
  animals: 15
  water-animals: 5
  ambient: 15
ticks-per:
  animal-spawns: 400
  monster-spawns: 1

which works for what my server wants.

If you use those settings and still nothing, then something else is interfering.

ejmcelfresh

« Reply #12 on: January 18, 2013, 01:44:20 AM »
I have tried those, but I think this is all water under the bridge now, as blood just released that new 1.4.7 update for mcpc. I've been testing it out and it works with all the mods that I want that are updated to 1.4.7 (basically all of them) and they all work fine including Mo' Creatures (running 4.5.0 btw) Thank you for your help everyone, great community here :)

bhi

« Reply #13 on: January 18, 2013, 02:13:09 AM »
I agree.
Same here.

ejmcelfresh

« Reply #14 on: January 18, 2013, 02:43:12 AM »
I finally figured it out: Mo' Creatures doesn't have multi world support! It only spawns creatures in the primary server world, as it isn't spawning the mobs in my Survival map but it spawns them in my Spawn map. Is there a work around for this?!