SimCraft for Minecraft

!!

Welcome Guest

Dear visitor, welcome to MC Port Central. If this is your first visit here,  you should consider registering to show your support.   By registering you will give us an idea and clear indication of how in demand our work really are and will motivate our porting team to continue there work. We port vanilla mods to Bukkit and you will also find a lot of other related Minecraft material on our Forum.

Author Topic: [SOLVED]Unable to view redpower2 machine GUIs.  (Read 3323 times)

dronf

[SOLVED]Unable to view redpower2 machine GUIs.
« on: March 29, 2012, 08:29:28 AM »
I had a wacky problem tonight, and with the help of folks in IRC, was able to work it out. I figured I should document it here.

I noticed this evening that I could no longer access the gui of any RP2 machine. Right clicking simply did nothing.  I tried all manner of troubleshooting, starting with making sure the configs matched. I tried uninstalling all the mods i had installed recently, but that didn't help either.

I finally realized that I had been keeping my server up to date with the newest mcpc bukkit builds, and was currently at 56.  I tried rolling all the way back to 49, and all of a sudden I could access my RP2 guis. IIRC it worked on all of them up to 55.  Someone mentioned that forge does some autoassignation of gui ids in certain cases, so i tried updating my client version of forge (which was at the recommended build of 59).  I updated all the way to client forge 64.  With a client at 64, I could once again see the RP2 GUIs on the server running MCPC 56.

TLDR: If you are going to keep your server version updated, keep the client updated as well.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2012, 11:05:57 AM by muCkk »

mushroomhostage

• Experimental Hardcore Post-Apocalyptic Server
Re: Unable to view redpower2 machine GUIs. [SOLVED]
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2012, 10:28:40 PM »
Thanks for posting this, I had the same problem and was able to solve it in the same way. Here are some more details:

* craftbukkit-1.2.3-R0.3-MCPC-SNAPSHOT-56.jar works with minecraftforge-client-1.4.1.64.zip
 * craftbukkit-1.2.3-R0.3-MCPC-SNAPSHOT-55.jar and earlier works with minecraftforge-client-1.4.1.59.zip

Also worth noting: it is a completely different problem, but the same "cannot open GUIs" symptom can appear if you have a plugin installed to force sneaking (like AutoSneak or CMA).

In summary: if anyone can't open GUIs, make sure your Forge matches on the client/server, and disable any sneaking plugins, and then it should work. Hope this helps.

Voodooman

« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2012, 09:32:16 AM »
Thanks for posting this, I had the same problem and was able to solve it in the same way. Here are some more details:

* craftbukkit-1.2.3-R0.3-MCPC-SNAPSHOT-56.jar works with minecraftforge-client-1.4.1.64.zip
 * craftbukkit-1.2.3-R0.3-MCPC-SNAPSHOT-55.jar and earlier works with minecraftforge-client-1.4.1.59.zip

Also worth noting: it is a completely different problem, but the same "cannot open GUIs" symptom can appear if you have a plugin installed to force sneaking (like AutoSneak or CMA).

In summary: if anyone can't open GUIs, make sure your Forge matches on the client/server, and disable any sneaking plugins, and then it should work. Hope this helps.

big thanx!!!! its really helpful))

mushroomhostage

• Experimental Hardcore Post-Apocalyptic Server
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2012, 07:55:05 AM »
Can an admin sticky this post? Seems like a lot of people are running into this problem.

Riffy

Re: [SOLVED]Unable to view redpower2 machine GUIs.
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2012, 06:25:04 AM »
We just had a weird issue with the buildcraft stuff, putting down an engine for it the person was kicked offline and it wouldn't place. So I swapped jar files and it worked but now I can't open or interact with red power stuff... can't seem to win here.